The BCAFN Climate Actions Webinars aim to support First Nations climate leadership throughout providing specific information to First Nations communities about opportunities to support their community-based climate actions and their participation in provincial climate planning.
Opportunities for First Nations - Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations
Held LIVE on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. This webinar focused on how a First Nation can go about installing electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and access provincial funding from the CleanBC Go Electric Program and the CleanBC Go Electric Public Charger Program.
Introduction: Patricia Rojas. BCAFN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christina Ianniciello - Director, Clean Transportation Branch, BC EMPR (Christina.Ianniciello@gov.bc.ca )
- Jim Vanderwal, Director - Climate Change Programs, Fraser Basin Council (email@example.com )
- Yeganeh Asadian - Environmental Stewardship Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org); and Ross McCann - Senior Environmental Stewardship Analyst email@example.com). Musqueam Indian Band
*Note: Unfortunately, there was a technical issue with the webinar recording of the first presentation from Christina Ianniciello. It is not part of the video.
Additional Resources including Provincial Funding Supports
- BC Go electrical program - Questions to the Province, email
- CleanBC Go Electric Public Charger Program. This program is open for applications until the funding is totally allocated.
- More information: Plug in BC
If you have any questions for the BCAFN, please contact Patricia Rojas, BCAFN’s Regional Climate Change Coordinator