Please note that the BCAFN offices in Lheidli T'enneh/Prince George and Vancouver are now closed until further notice. Staff are working from home and can be reached by phone or by email. Also, all BCAFN and AFN events are now cancelled and will be rescheduled in the future when it has been deemed safe for gatherings. Check back with our website to contact us and for updates. With lots of information being rolled out, it’s important to receive and share accurate information, so that you can take the necessary steps to keep yourself and those around you safe.
Also, please follow and share these tips from the World Health Organization to keep yourself and others safe and that will help to contain the spread of the virus. We wish you good health and safety during this challenging time.
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
2. Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth, and nose.
3. Avoid contact with people who are vulnerable. And if you can’t, wear a mask.
4. Cover your cough with the bend of your elbow.
5. Disinfect surfaces you regularly use.
6. If you feel unwell, stay at home and call your healthcare provider.
7. Only share information from trusted sources.
Health information on COVID-19 (coronavirus) go to First Nations Health Authority
First Nations Leadership Council
New website LINK
COVID-19 emergency information and resources site. Here you will find accurate and timely information for all BC First Nations, including how to access financial support, health resources, and the latest news on COVID-19.
Indigenous Services Canada
Accessing financial benefits and support during the COVID-19 outbreak PDF
Preparedness and Response to COVID-19 PDF
COVID-19: First Nations Community Guide on Accessing Additional Supports PDF