The BCAFN is the political lead organization on environmental assessment reform and related matters for the BC First Nations Leadership Council (“FNLC”). The following information has been prepared with the support of the FNLC and the BC First Nations Energy and Mining Council (“FNEMC”). FNLC was created in 2005 by the BCAFN, the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs and the First Nations Summit to improve First Nations advocacy at the provincial, national and international levels. FNEMC is mandated by the FNLC, and Chiefs of BC, to assist and support First Nations to manage and develop energy and mineral resources in ways that protect and sustain the environment and the well-being of First Nations in the province.
- BCAFN Submission Bill C-69 April 6, 2018
- Amended Environment Committee April 12, 2018
- More About the First Nations Energy and Mining Council, and EA Reform May 2018
- Communique to B.C. First Nations Regarding B.C. Environmental Assessment Reform June 19, 2018
- Environmental Assessment Reform – Update July 13, 2018
- Communique to First Nations in B.C. July 13, 2018